- NetBSD Manual Pages
CDEFS(3) NetBSD Library Functions Manual CDEFS(3)
Powered by man-cgi (2021-03-02).
Maintained for NetBSD
by Kimmo Suominen.
Based on man-cgi by Panagiotis Christias.
cdefs -- common definitions and macros
The <sys/cdefs.h> header includes some common definitions and macros typ-
ical to the C language conventions of NetBSD. Among these are:
· Certain C language properties and definitions that are ver-
sioned according to the support in compilers. Examples include
the __func__ keyword and the restrict type qualifier from C99.
· Macros and definitions specific to compilers, preprocessors,
and linkers; see __BIT(3), __BITS(3), __CONCAT(3),
__FPTRCAST(3), __SHIFTIN(3), __SHIFTOUT(3), __SHIFTOUT_MASK(3),
__UNCONST(3), __UNVOLATILE(3), __USE(3), __insn_barrier(3), and
· Utility macros provided for convenience; see __arraycount(3)
The header also contains the __RCSID() and __KERNEL_RCSID() macros used
for version control system (VCS) identifiers. Thus, all NetBSD source
code files typically include <sys/cdefs.h>, included as the first thing
right after any possible copyright texts;
* Copyright (c) 1984 John Doe
* All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms,
* with or without modification, are permitted.
__RCSID("$NetBSD: cdefs.3,v 1.5 2019/11/10 18:45:09 christos Exp $");
It is possible to identify the RCS keyword strings by using ident(1).
ident(1), param(3), stddef(3), types(3), c(7)
The <sys/cdefs.h> header was originally imported from 386BSD.
NetBSD 9.99 November 10, 2019 NetBSD 9.99