- NetBSD Manual Pages
PCN(4) NetBSD Kernel Interfaces Manual PCN(4)
Powered by man-cgi (2020-09-24).
Maintained for NetBSD
by Kimmo Suominen.
Based on man-cgi by Panagiotis Christias.
pcn -- AMD PCnet-PCI Ethernet family driver
pcn* at pci? dev ? function ?
Configuration of PHYs may also be necessary. See mii(4).
The pcn device driver supports Ethernet interfaces based on the AMD
PCnet-PCI family of Ethernet chips. The chips supported by the pcn
· Am79c970 PCnet-PCI Single-Chip Ethernet Controller for PCI Local Bus
· Am79c970A PCnet-PCI II Single-Chip Full-Duplex Ethernet Controller
for PCI Local Bus
· Am79c971 PCnet-FAST Single-Chip Full-Duplex 10/100Mbps Ethernet Con-
troller for PCI Local Bus
· Am79c972 PCnet-FAST+ Enhanced 10/100Mbps PCI Ethernet Controller with
· Am79c973/Am79c975 PCnet-FAST III Single-Chip 10/100Mbps PCI Ethernet
Controller with Integrated PHY
PCnet-PCI chips are found on some Hewlett-Packard PCI Ethernet boards,
and on the Allied Telesyn AT-2700TX PCI Ethernet board. They are also
found on some processor evaluation boards as an example peripheral.
The pcn driver also supports the emulated PCnet-PCI interface provided by
arp(4), ifmedia(4), mii(4), netintro(4), pci(4), ifconfig(8)
The pcn driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.6.
The pcn driver was written by Jason R. Thorpe
NetBSD 9.0 August 27, 2001 NetBSD 9.0