- NetBSD Manual Pages
BGE(4) NetBSD Kernel Interfaces Manual BGE(4)
Powered by man-cgi (2021-06-01).
Maintained for NetBSD
by Kimmo Suominen.
Based on man-cgi by Panagiotis Christias.
bge -- Broadcom BCM570x family Gigabit Ethernet driver
bge* at pci? dev ? function ?
Configuration of PHYs may also be necessary. See mii(4).
The bge device driver supports Gigabit Ethernet interfaces based on the
Broadcom BCM570x family of Gigabit Ethernet chips. The interfaces sup-
ported by the bge driver include:
· 3Com 3c996-T (10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T)
· Dell PowerEdge 2550 integrated BCM5700 NIC (10BASE-T/100BASE-
· IBM x235 server integrated BCM5703x NIC (10BASE-T/100BASE-
· Netgear GA302T (10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T)
· SysKonnect SK-9D21 (10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T)
· SysKonnect SK-9D41 (1000BASE-SX)
The BCM570x family supports IPv4/TCP/UDP checksumming in hardware. The
bge driver supports this feature of the chip. See ifconfig(8) for infor-
mation on how to enable this feature.
arp(4), bce(4), ifmedia(4), mii(4), netintro(4), pci(4), ifconfig(8)
The bge driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.6.1.
The bge driver was written by Bill Paul <firstname.lastname@example.org> for FreeBSD
and ported to NetBSD by Frank van der Linden <email@example.com>,
Jason R. Thorpe <firstname.lastname@example.org> and Jonathan Stone
NetBSD 4.0 January 31, 2003 NetBSD 4.0