- NetBSD Manual Pages
EMUXKI(4) NetBSD Kernel Interfaces Manual EMUXKI(4)
Powered by man-cgi (2021-06-01).
Maintained for NetBSD
by Kimmo Suominen.
Based on man-cgi by Panagiotis Christias.
emuxki -- Creative Labs SBLive! and PCI 512 audio device driver
emuxki* at pci? dev ? function ?
audio* at audiobus?
The emuxki device driver supports Creative Sound Blaster Live! cards as
well as the Sound Blaster PCI 512.
These Environmental Audio cards are based upon the programmable EMU10K1
· E-mu Systems, Inc. EMU10K1 music synthesis engine
· 64-voice hardware polyphony with E-mu's patented 8-point interpola-
· Up to 1024-voice polyphony with multi-timbre capability
· Support for real-time digital effects like reverb, chorus, flanger,
pitch shifter, or distortion across any audio source
· User-selectable settings are optimized for headphones, two or four
· Creative Multi Speaker Surround (CMSS) technology places any mono or
stereo source in a 360 degree audio space
· Processes sample rates from 5kHz to 48kHz
· Hardware full duplex support enables simultaneous record and playback
at 8 standard sample rates
· Allows multiple audio sources playback on the same speaker system
ac97(4), audio(4), joy(4), pci(4)
The emuxki device driver appeared in NetBSD 1.5.3.
The emuxki driver was written by Yannick Montulet
Currently, this driver does not support multiple source recording, MIDI
nor the multi-voice capability.
NetBSD 10.99 June 22, 2005 NetBSD 10.99