- NetBSD Manual Pages
BGE(4) NetBSD Kernel Interfaces Manual BGE(4)
Powered by man-cgi (2020-09-24).
Maintained for NetBSD
by Kimmo Suominen.
Based on man-cgi by Panagiotis Christias.
bge -- Broadcom BCM570x family Gigabit Ethernet driver
bge* at pci? dev ? function ?
Configuration of PHYs may also be necessary. See mii(4).
The bge device driver supports Gigabit Ethernet interfaces based on the
Broadcom BCM570x family of Gigabit Ethernet chips and the BCM5906 chip.
The interfaces supported by the bge driver include:
· 3Com 3c996-T (10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T)
· Dell PowerEdge 2550 integrated BCM5700 NIC (10BASE-T/100BASE-
· IBM x235 server integrated BCM5703x NIC (10BASE-T/100BASE-
· Netgear GA302T (10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T)
· SysKonnect SK-9D21 (10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T)
· SysKonnect SK-9D41 (1000BASE-SX)
The BCM570x family supports IPv4/TCP/UDP checksumming in hardware. The
bge driver supports this feature of the chip. See ifconfig(8) for infor-
mation on how to enable this feature.
arp(4), bce(4), ifmedia(4), mii(4), netintro(4), pci(4), ifconfig(8)
The bge driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.6.1.
The bge driver was written by Bill Paul <firstname.lastname@example.org> for FreeBSD
and ported to NetBSD by Frank van der Linden <email@example.com>,
Jason R. Thorpe <firstname.lastname@example.org> and Jonathan Stone
NetBSD 5.0.1 August 25, 2008 NetBSD 5.0.1